Creating Futuristic Engineers in the Post CoVID world at CiTech (Cambridge Institute of Technology) , Bangalore
Cambridge Institute of Technology (CiTech) have always been a leader of transformative education. Meeting the fast pace of global change, CiT is accelerating the transformation within the institution to make a better world. Every year, CiTech graduates more than 800 engineers who join the progressive workforce all across the world and are closely connected to the college even today, to guide their successive batches.
Here’s what makes CiTech’s alumni closely connected with the institution even after several years of passing out.
COVID Safe and Zero- Waste Campus:
With the onslaught of the pandemic, safety measures are the most important aspect of an institution. Made in the Research & Development facility are fully-functional sensor-based hand sanitizers and fumigation tunnel that can accommodate as many as 20 persons a time, are being currently used in the premises of the college as a preventive measure against COVID 19. Aligned with United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), CiTech campus is a plastic free zero-waste campus.
International SWE (Society of Women Engineers) Affiliate:
CiTech is the first educational institution in India to become the global official affiliate with 30 female engineering students and 5 female engineering faculties. CiTech is now one of the affiliates among 60 global affiliates of SWE. SWE is an international platform for women engineers to give them a unique place and voice in the engineering industry. Achieving equal opportunities for women engineers and promoting more women in engineering is the philosophy behind becoming a member of SWE.
Global Case Study Challenge Programme:
Intercultural and international learning is CiTech’s aim to make their students globally relevant and experienced for a powerful kickstart to an international career. A group of 40 students and 5 faculties participated in the Global Case Study Challenge Programme in 2020 during the CoVID pandemic. Through this programme, students experience and acquire a global intercultural learning knowhow in cross-country teams comprising students from USA, Australia, European countries and other countries.
CITech has outstanding teaching and learning facilities, generous classroom spaces, libraries, specialized spaces that include well equipped laboratories and Seminar halls. CiTech also offers state-of-the-art sporting facilities, including basketball courts, netball courts, volleyball courts and badminton courts. Our newest in-house facility is the dispensary that offers health care for students and staff. Transport, Wi-Fi Internet facilities and Cafeteria are available in the College campus. Playing fields and recreation areas also complement the built-in environment.
- Fully Automated Library
- Cambridge library and information centre is one among the best libraries associated with engineering colleges in Karnataka. It has five floors with the carpet area of 25,000 sq ft.
- It has comprehensive and outstanding learning resources like books, journals, e-resources, technical and general magazines, national and regional news papers
- Library has more than 26,000 volumes and 5100 titles of books
- It has 90 print journals like IEEE, Springer, Taylor and Francis, Proquest (Technical and management) pertaining to B.E, MCA, M.Tech and MBA for ever-growing information and intellectual requirements.
- Library is fully automated and all the books are bar coded.
- Digital library has 31 systems with good configuration - 500 GB HDD, 4GB RAM, Core i5 Intel processor, 19”LED Monitor.
- Digital Library has 80 MBPS internet speed. Digital Library is open on all week days for students from morning 9.00 am to evening 8.00 pm and on weekends from morning 9.00 am to evening 4.00 pm
- CITech Jnana Nidhi (treasure of knowledge) –Institutional repository for previous year question paper, e-books, project reports, faculty publications, course materials etc.,
- Has membership of VTU Consortium and DELNET. Online packages like IEEE-IEL Online, ASME and EBSCO have been subscribed. Students can access the repository round the clock through Wi-Fi network
- All NPTEL videos are stored in local server facilitating students access.
Innovative Teaching-Learning Process:
Teaching- Learning process at Cambridge is a combination of theoretical-practical exposure of academic curricula blended with online learning, resulting in a unique approach based on outcomes and results. The diversified student body, faculty and dynamic environment contribute to the framework of world class education.
- Permanently affiliated to VTU and NAAC Accredited courses
- NBA accredited ECE,EEE,ISE and Mechanical Engineering courses
- Recognised by UGC under 2 (f)
- Highly ranked college for academics in VTU
- CiTech offers the best learning environment rather than Teaching Environment
- Project for students from first year onwards
- Dedicated hour for encouraging creative and life skills for students
- Online certification courses made compulsory for students
- NPTEL, EDUSAT, IEEE, ACM library access and facilities available
- Our extensive links and MoUs with Industries provides research and work experience
- Social responsibility and ethics are at the heart of Cambridge’s mission.
- Provides career advice, academic skills development, counselling and dedicated support services for students
- Internships for all students for the students from 6th semester onwards
- Committed to provide placements for all eligible and excellent trainings on par with excellence
Cambridge offers students the best academic values in the campus. We focus on the wellness of students during their tenancy at Cambridge and even after graduation by joining them the strong alumni committee “CONVERGENZA“.
Cutting Edge Research and Development:
CiTech is the home for the most relevant and cutting edge technological research and development. With seven Research Centres, the R&D have sponsored research and funded projects of more than INR 2 Crores. Led by a dynamic dean, the department is actively into product development, industry projects and management support projects.
In the wake of CoVID pandemic, the R&D team have devised fully-functional sensor-based hand sanitizers, fumigators and portable ventilators, which are designed and printed in the college laboratory. They have also designed a fumigation tunnel that can accommodate as many as 20 persons a time and is being currently used in the premises of the college as a preventive measure against COVID 19.
Some of the products developed are:
- Design & development of Quad copter
- Design & development of Small Satellite
- Design & development of Ornithopter
- Development of Smart Mopping Machine
- Development of Portable Weeding Machine
- Development of 3D Printing Models
MoUs, Industry Associations and Professional Memberships:
CiTech, at present, proudly associates with industries through more than 40 MoUs for research and projects. IBM India, ITC, Samsung, University of Messina (Italy), Tampere University (Finland), SCII Japan, Oracle, Dell Corporation are to cite a few with whom CiTech have MoUs.
In the recent past, CiTech signed an MoU with IIT Bombay for cutting edge technology courses.
Additionally, CiTech is the member of the following associations that gives a huge leverage to its faculties and students:
- ISTE (The Indian Society for Technical Education))
- CSI ( Computer Society of India)
- The Institute of Engineers
- IETE (Institute of Electronics and telecommunication Engineers )
- ICI (Indian Concrete Institute )
- IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers)
- BMA ( Bangalore Management Association)
Placement & Employment Readiness:
More than 150 top notch companies including Goldman Sachs, Tommy Hilfiger, TCS, IBM, Capgemini, Wipro have visited CiTech till date for students’ placement. Citech’s students are placed at corporate giants including Amazon, Tata Consultancy Services, Hexaware, Adobe, Decathlon, JSW, HSBC, HP, Flipkart and many more.
Employment training is inculcated in the daily class schedule from first semester onwards to ensure a confident professional at the end of four years. Technical training, soft skill training, aptitude development training, communication and personality development courses, entrepreneurship and leadership courses are given throughout all four years to ready a student for anything s/he prefers to choose after the degree completion- job or start-up.
Value Added Programmes Beyond Syllabus:
- ORACLE certification
- JAVA Certification
- Data Sciences and Big data analytics certification in association with ICTACT, EMC2
- Certified Workshop under NSDC
- Certification courses on AutoCAD
- Certification courses on Revit
- Certification course on computer Networks and Windows Server AdministrationCertification course on Microsoft.Net
- Certification course on JAVA IoT
- Infosys Campus Connect trainings
Extra- Curricular Programmes that Shape CiTech Students outside Classes:
- A stage for Talent Hunt – CHIGURU
We believe in moulding the overall personality of students, giving them an exposure to exhibit their hidden talents(passion) through our Extracurricular and Cultural Activities. The Cultural Fest named CHIGURU – the-inter collegiate Cultural Fest of Bangalore, itself denotes the BLOSSOM and stands for the same, nurturing the YOUNG Talented Minds. The mind-blowing performance of candidates speaks a lot and also gives valuable memories to your campus life always. CHIGURU witness a footfall of 15,000 students every time we celebrate. Many events such as Battle of Bands, Fusion Dance, Specials, Fashion Show, Solo singing, Group singing, Counter Strike, Sketching Mime, Folk Dance and Indian Filmy Dance etc., are conducted every year.
- INTUIT – CITech Open Technology day
Cambridge Institute of Technology host open Technology day in the month of May every year. It is a day for students to exhibit their technology skill and the projects they developed. It aims at tapping the infinite potential of the human mind to generate an idea, which when given a proper platform, can transform into a path-breaking discovery.
- Unveiling 700+ projects of 35 plus teams from 11 departments
- 150+ best project awards categorized as
- Best Innovation award
- Best Design award
- Best project of Social Relevance
- Tech Gurus from Top Notch industries will be judging
- Various themes include IoT, Robotics, Energy Conservation, Embedded systems, Design and Fabrication, Thermal Engineering, Web applications , Artificial Intelligence, Crypto currency, Sustainable manufacturing
- ICCIT – International Conference
International Conference on Convergent Innovative technologies (ICCIT), a technical extravaganza is hosted by Cambridge in the month of May, every year.The conference is organized by the allied Engineering branches(CSE, ISE, EEE, ECE, Mech and Civil) in association with MCA and Basic Sciences. It is a platform for academicians, Research scholars and students to share their technical know-how.The technical paper presentations and expert panel discussions enable the students and Research scholars to show their expertise and their innovations.
At CiTech, all initiatives are taken for a holistic development of students that enable them to be achievers in various fields. Some of the achievements follows:
- Most Promising IEEE Student Branch Award 2019
- AICTE Sponsored Faculty Development Program 2019 and VTU Sponsored FDP
- Winner, Atharv Garde- The Annual Business Plan Contest, IIM Indore (Sept 2019)
- Best Ideator Award Finalist, Udyami Samanway, IIT Madras (Oct 2019)
- Finalist, BizSpark, IIT Bombay (Oct 2019)
- Quarter Finalist, India Innovation Design Contest 2019
- Winner, Business Pitch Contest, IIM Kozhikode (Oct 2019)
- Ms. Shivangi Rai, 2019, 1st Rank in ISE
- 32nd CSI Student Convention (Sept 2019)
- Ms. Jyothi 2019 batch secured MBA seat in IIM Bangalore
Achievements and Accolades
- Digital Learning Magazine, April 2018 rated Cambridge Institute of Technology as “AAAA” in the Top Engineering Institute Ranking Survey-2018
- Recipient of “Best Emerging Engineering college – South by Assocham 2018
- Higher Education Review awarded Cambridge Institute of Technology as 41st rank in Top 100 private Engineering colleges in India, 10th rank for placements in Top 20 Engineering colleges in India.
- Silicon India - 27th in Top 100 Engineering colleges in India,7th in Top 12 Engineering colleges in South India and 7th in Top 10 Engineering colleges in Bangalore.
- From All India Technical and Management Council – an honorary award for the Best placements and Career Building at Cambridge Institute of Technology at 5th Annual summit and award function, held at Hotel Shangri-La’s, New Delhi on 4th June 2016.
- The very popular Data Quest Survey on “Meet India’s Top 100 private T-schools for 2016”reveals that our institution Cambridge Institute of Technology occupies 93rd position among all private Engineering Institutions of India.